The Eskenazi Museum of Art at Indiana Universityopened in 1941 under the direction of Henry Radford Hope.The museum was intended to be the center of a “cultural crossroads,” an idea brought forth by then-Indiana UniversityPresidentHerman B Wells.The present museum building was designed byI.M. Peiand Partners and dedicated in 1982.The museum’s collection comprises approximately 45,000 objects, with about 1,400 on display.The collection is substantiated by a wide range of works, including a large collection of ancient jewelry and paintings byPablo PicassoandJackson Pollock. In May 2016, after the announcement of the largest cash gift in the museum's history, the museum was renamed the Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art in honor of Indianapolis-based philanthropists Sidney and Lois Eskenazi.
The museum is free and open to the public Tuesdays through Saturdays 10:00 a.m.—5pm, and Sundays noon–5:00pm, and is located on theIndiana University Bloomingtoncampus at 1133 E. Seventh Street.
Want to know more about the museum? https://artmuseum.indiana.edu/